Saturday, May 30, 2009

What Would Look Good in My Silver Hair???


For those of you who haven't seen me lately, or haven't ever seen me!, I have a lovely head of dark hair, "generously sprinkled" with what my adoring son calls "beautiful silver hair". For the past several years I have been letting this mane grow, in the expectation that I will be one of those crazy, old, grey-haired ladies with wild flowing locks. (Not quite there yet, 'cept for the grey part, OK, and maybe the crazy part.). Anyways... I frequently wear my hair pulled back in a ponytail with some hair tie I may have "borrowed" from my sweet, almost-teenage daughter, despite a drawer full of beautiful, bead-embroidered barrettes I have made over the years.

I recently decided I'd better start wearing my barrettes, so, in what seemed a logical step at the time, I decided to make a new barrette. I now have a drawer full of barrettes, plus one.

I once again chose a glass cabochon from my collection of Susan Pierle cabs, and decided that silver beads just might look good in my silver hair. Again I incorporated some Swavroski rivolis and . The barrette is absolutely beautiful, and looks absolutely wonderful in my ..... drawer .... with the other lonely barrettes!

No comments: