Saturday, May 30, 2009

Incapacitated


Two months ago, Friday March 30th at 1:15 pm to be exact, I had to have hand surgery. I'd like to say the surgery was a result of an injury sustained while freefall skydiving from a plane to save a baby that had fallen out of a hot air balloon after being kidnapped from arms of his mother, who was escaping the clutches of an evil tyrant, but, alas, that is not what happened. Turns out, 2 years ago I tripped (yes, over my shoelace) while running (I was running really fast, mind you!) and broke my right arm and sprained my left wrist. As a result of that fall, I also destroyed the cartilege in one of the little-bitty joints in my right wrist. This injury took a bit longer to surface, and then it took me a looooooooooong time to agree to surgery. The constant, nagging pain, and inability to use the hand for anything useful, finally drove me to it.


Why am I telling you this? Well, I'm using it as my excuse for ignoring this blog.


Fortunately, I didn't ignore my beadwork. The first thing I beaded while "incapacitated" was this wonderful "Eye of the Dragon" ring. I made it from a trial version of a kit by Dustin Wedekind (check out his website at bedesman.com). In hindsight, I wish I had made two of these rings, and gotten a green or purple cast. Then my hand could've been, like a cool serpent-type beast. Next time.

No comments: